The Chaplin CST is part of a community of learners who place the needs of children first. This community is empowered by mutual trust, acceptance and respect of individual differences. It builds upon these differences to create successful experiences that promote personal growth and self-esteem.
The mission of the Chaplin CST is to provide a supportive environment where the school community works together to promote successful learning experiences. To achieve this goal we:
*articulate and clarify issues
*encourage input/feedback from all
*make decisions based on data
*develop instructional strategies
*recognize and build on individual strengths
CST is a school-wide effort to provide successful learning experiences for all students and teachers.
• CST is our school name for a collaborative initiative called the EArly Intervention Project managed through the Special Education Resource Center (SERC) in Middletown, Connecticut.
• CST is a program of assistance to benefit students experiencing difficulties with learning and/or social behavior.
• CST values the importance of parent participation in the CST process and therefore requires that parents be notified before and during the process.
• CST is a collaborative team process centered on the Classroom Teacher and the Case Partner.
• CST can request that students be evaluated by our Speech/Language Specialist, Occupational Therapist,
Physical Therapist, School Nurse, Reading Interventionist, Math Specialist, or TAG Teacher.
• CST can request that students be evaluated for social/emotional/behavioral support through our school Social Worker.
• CST can request that student’s families be contacted through our school Social Worker or our Family Services support.
• CST can request a referral for Special Education identification through our Special Education staff provided necessary documentation and data collection is available and appropriate Special Education forms have been completed.
• CST can request a referral for 504 Identification through our school Social Worker provided necessary documentation and data collection is available and appropriate 504 forms have been completed.
• CST can refer a student for completion of behavior rating scales to be coordinated by our school Social Worker
if deemed necessary to determine an appropriate student objective/goal.